Over the coming weeks and months there will be a lot of noise and media hype about the good and bad aspects of BREXIT. Market volatility will remain elevated and emotions will run high. The managed divorce between the UK and Europe is going to be an extended affair.
What we know:
1. Our client portfolios are thoroughly diversified, and thus limit the downside of falling markets and currencies, especially in the UK.
2. All our portfolios are created for the long-term and with built-in anticipation of possible market shocks.
3. Markets might go down, but over time they will recover to new highs.
4. Life will go on as normal. We will soon get used to the status quo.
What we don’t know:
1. If this was the correct decision. In fact, no one knows, nor could they have anticipated the outcome of either choice. All the variables were/are just too unpredictable.
2. How long the period of uncertainty will continue, and whether it will indeed have a significant negative economic influence.
3. How the various markets, currencies and other trends will pan out.
We will continue to monitor and react to the situation and where necessary request your input to make chances if necessary.
We remain committed guardians of your wealth.